A custom made rubber stamp is used for several purposes, like stamping addresses/signature, decorating envelops, designing business cards, or making an artwork. Every one of you wants to use your stamp for a more extended period. It is possible when you will take proper care of this stamping tool. In your search, you can come across many techniques and tips that can help you prolong the life of your imprinting device. And cleaning is one of them:
Here are some useful steps to help you clean your rubber stamps:
Know the type
Imprinting tools are of two types – pre-inked and self-inked. Self-inked stamps usually do not require cleaning, and so, you might not fix the problem of your stamping tool by merely cleaning. You may need to remove the dirt from the plate.
Collect the required items/tools
Before start working on your imprinting tool cleaning, you should keep all the requisite tools together. Collecting the items will help you make your cleaning work smoother and less-time consuming for you. Here is what you will need:
- An old/new toothbrush
- A rag (avoid using paper towel because it will leave fibres)
- Warm and soapy water or Stamp Cleaner (prefer using cleaner if you are using special ink)
- Some absorbent papers
- The stamp that you want to clean
Pay special attention to the cleaning process
Some stamps are made using a particular type of plastics, which is known as photopolymer. They are excellent for leaving impressions on papers and other soft surfaces. Being too rough during the cleaning can cause damage to such a personalized stamp. You need to apply gentle pressure to avoid any damage to this imprinting tool.
First of all, you need to open this imprinting tool. Lock the stamp to keep it open after pushing it down towards the print position. You should be aware of the locking system of your stamping tool. Typically, a stamp has three buttons on the frame sides to lock it. You have to push those buttons in the print position until you hear a click sound. After opening, you can start cleaning, which can have the following steps:
- Apply some water or cleaner on the rag
- Press the rag against the printing plate to soak it with water and hold it for more than 10 seconds
- Soak the toothbrush in warm soapy water or cleaner
- Apply gentle pressure on the print plate with the toothbrush and rag it to remove the collected dirt
- Wipe out the dirt from the surface with use of the rag
- Keep wiping until the surface gets cleaned
- Hold the stamp with the absorbent paper to get cleaner/water off from the surface and other parts
- Keep holding your imprinting tool for 10 seconds to let the paper absorb water/cleaner
- Unlock your stamp and let it go back in the previous stage
Rubber stamps are an excellent medium to leave imprints of what you need in your business documentation or artwork. By taking proper care and cleaning regularly, you can use them for a longer period. You must be gentle during the cleaning process to keep them safe while cleaning them
DO YOU HAVE TROUBLE FINDING RUBBER STAMPS?
Select one for you from our range of custom rubber stamps.